Thursday, February 3, 2011

What We Do For Love

The Love Clown

Valentine's Day is coming up and it got me thinking: I am a damn fool.
I started of thinking of all the completely embarassing things that I have done for love and the list is astounding. Astoundingly humiliating. And what better way to reminisce on embarassing experiences than to post them on the world wide web?!


So I decided to compose a list. And then I told Kayla that she has to do it too.

1. From Kate: One of my first memories goes back to oh let's say..second grade. I had a HUGE crush on one of my brother's friends. I will call him Caleb. I will call him that because that was his name. I'm not very creative. Anyway, in those days, Pokemon cards were like The Shiz and Caleb had a Diglet and he told me that he would give it to me if I jumped out of a tree. Not just any tree, THE TREE. You know, that classically huge neighborhood tree that everyone dreams of climbing? And although I knew that Diglet was a crap pokemon and would do nothing but harm to my Pokedeck, I jumped. I jumped out of that tree for love. And what did Caleb do? He gave me a holographic Meowth. He was just so impressed by my bravery.

Now they try to make Diglet look all hard core. Check it out


2. From Kayla: It was Christmas time and I wore a red dress for the boy I like and I knew he like me. And I put one of those "To From" stickers on my dress and opened my jacket and yelled "MERRY CHRISTMAS, I'm your present!"


At least I'm not the only one

3. Kate: When I was in fifth grade I wasn't allowed to wear makeup, but I wanted to look pretty for this boy I liked. So I decided to use household items to beautify myself.  I don't remember everything I did, but I do recall using a pink highlighter for blush and trying to get blue crayon to stay on my eyelids. I thought that I looked divine, luckily for me my dad wouldn't let me go to school because my cheeks were so pink that he thought I was sick. I didn't have the courage to tell him that I had just abused the powers of my school box.

4. Kayla: In second grade I really like this boy, so I gave him a special Valentine, but my sister was friends with his siblings and gave them WAAY better ones. They made fun of the Valentine that I made him, but he said that it was the best Valentine that he had ever gotten and hugged me. And I fell in love.



Then there was today...Kayla and I have a class with a good friend of ours. He was our RA last year and we happen to love him, so we were of coursed thrilled that he sat within yelling distance of us. We decided to get his attention by staring at him until he waved. All his friends saw and clearly thought we were freaks, but we carried on, knowing that his happiness upon seeing us would sooo be worth it. He saw us. We waved. He looked away. We were hurt and didn't know what to do with ourselves. So...we waved more until he finally showed some love. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment