Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Heart Will Go On....maaaaybe


   
      Kayla and I have been apart for...I don't know. A long time. I don't want to count the days because I havn't taken math since my sophomore year of high school and I'm always afraid that if I try to count too high I will realize that I have forgotten what order the numbers go in. I'd rather live in bliss and pretend that I am a genius.
   So it's been a while and it's kind of cool because every time we talk to each other we have SO MUCH to say. When we lived together we just said stuff like...how was your day? want to go to walmart? I hate boys. Let's get tacos. 

   Yup. Life in Logan was pretty exciting. But NOW Kayla is a counselor at a summer camp, where I'm sure she is so boss. I imagine that everyone is in love with her and people come back after the weekend with haircuts creepily similar to hers. That's what happens when you're as awesome as my KayKay. People love you. If you're wondering what it feels like to be so far away, it's much like this:

  
         I've been getting ready for my trip to England and I tell this to anyone who will listen. And in my opinion, I have every right to because if you're standing within earshot of me, it's probably by choice and you can run away any time you want to. Just know that I run 5-8 miles a day and if I really want to talk to you, I will.
        A lot of people don't like the England thing because I'm not going to be speaking a foreign language and they feel like it takes the adventure out of the trip. But it pretty much IS a foreign language! I know this because I have a British friend and when he talks I rarely understand what he's saying. But it sure does sound nice. And won't it be fun to live somewhere where I get along with everyone, regardless of what they're saying? I think yes. For example, my favorite word is Trollop. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Like a delicious candy, or the name of a pony, or maybe something that you do in the park on a Sunday afternoon. But it actually means "a woman of loose morals". So, who knows? maybe someone is doing a trollop in the park.

Here is an excellent example of what I think trolloping should look like:
 Mmmmmm trollops.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I so agree! Would you like to go for a nice trollop with me in the morning and then stop into a nice bakery for a bit of tea and trollops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Kate you crack me up. I love this post. Keep writing, you are amazing girl! I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete