Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Outside Looking In

I am a big fan of glee.  They know how to touch people maybe not as much as of late, but they get their point across.  Tonight they focused on a problem that I and everyone else try not to acknowledge.  We can never see the good without recognizing the bad within ourselves.  I think a lot of people think that by countering any good with bad they won't feel bad when they get rejected.  They already know what the other person will say so it doesn't hurt as much.  Of course I had a bunch of negative thoughts about myself running through my head as I watced this show. 
For example, I'm obsessed with cheese and I'm pretty sure it's making my big butt even bigger.  I have many a time stared at the cheese of the month club and wanted to join.  However, knowing the consequences I avoid this urge like the plague. 
I also have a strange anxiety problem with earthquakes, blood, and spit

Any of these things can send me down the path of no return.  Lastly, I think I am super absent-minded.  Half the time people don't know what I am saying.  I tend to follow random paths in my head and then spit out whatever sounds interesting to me.  I have had many a glare and gawk as I ramble on about why Jelly Bellies always put the red ones in the bag.  Clearly only I like the red ones so why do they put them in there?  This can come from a conversation about a hot boy to what I did in school that day.  Lastly, I sing loud and proud.  It's my favorite thing to do even though I think I can't hold a tune :)
Now before I send all the men running away at break neck speed with my anxiety, forgetfullness, and loudness I should state a few positive things about myself.  I can read a biiiiiiiggg book in a day even if I don't like it.  That should get me an intelligent man right?  I love to listen.  Yes, Kate I sometimes get distracted, but I love to hear people's stories.  Hmmmmm I have a strong testimony of the church.  I know that's so cliche, but I worked for that testimony so I'm proud of it.  Lastly, I work with kids.  I love the way they effect me.  They accept my absent mindness and random comments.  I fit right in and wouldn't have it any other way.  I think that's enough about me, but I want everyone who reads this to write a positive comment about themselves on this blog post.  Listen to this song for inspiration.  It might be sappy to the point of explosion but it's exactly what I'm trying to say.

1 comment:

  1. Ha you are so funny! I like this post. I think it's important for everybody to remember good stuff about themselves. I like my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete