Monday, March 28, 2011

Holi Festival!



Holi Festival!!

It's been three days since the Festival of Colors and my snot is still pink. I know that's not the most charming way to start a blog post, but it's on my mind! See, I have this fear that I'm gonna sneeze sometime in the near future and there will be this explosion of pink dust, and everyone will think I'm a freak! Which I am, but I don't want complete strangers knowing that right off the bat. So yes, I am worried.

But, more importantly, we (Me, Kayla and SJ) went to the Festival of Colors! I'm not sure what its actual significance is, but it's at an Indian temple so I'm sure there is some deep meaning. I really just wanted to be covered in chalk! And I was. Completely covered. And apparently I breathed in a lot of it too, but I digress...except to say that breathing it in wasn't that bad because it smelled delicious!

The festival was especially fun because you got to throw stuff at complete strangers and they LIKED it! Usually after I throw something at a stranger, I have to run away as fast as I can! But not on Saturday! People love to be pelted with pretty colored chalk. Keep that in mind, it could be handy in the future. 

Oh, and here's pictures of me and Kayla. We had a Mary-Kate and Ashley inspired photo shoot. And also...we really wanted to spin around in our skirts. They are just so fluffy.





No comments:

Post a Comment